SmileCenter's pedodontics wing is dealing the dental care for children from birth through adolescence. Our Pediatric Dentists explain preventive care, hygiene, and treatments in simple, easy-to-understand terms. The specialty of pediatric dentistry is recognized by the American Dental Association.
Pediatric wing of Smile Centre knows how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable. At Smile Centre our pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child.
- Preventive dental care for children and adolescence including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
- Habit counseling for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking etc.
- Nutritional counseling is a very important part of a preventative dental care plan. Our dental practice offers nutritional counseling to parents and caregivers as we can evaluate your child’s diet and will recommend ways to improve it.
- Space management after the premature loss of a primary tooth.
- Tooth extraction of badly decayed tooth or to saving space for adult teeth.
- Corrections:Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics).
- Repair of tooth cavities or defectsIn most cases, treatment requires removing the decayed part of the tooth and replacing it with a filling. .
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease.
- Care for dental injuries for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth etc.
Good dental health is one of the most important steps toward general physical health, and helping kids develop healthy dental habits when they’re young makes a lifelong difference. We believe that preventative dentistry can give your child a better chance of avoiding cavities and early gum disease.
The pediatric wing of Smile Center India accepts new patients up to age 18. We offer a range of dental services to help your child maintain a healthy smile. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us, we can advise you on when to make an appointment and how to best keep your child safe and healthy.